Sunday, February 22, 2009

Community Work

I have been a Rotarian since 2002 and enjoy participating in the local community projects and assisting with the international ones as well. My most fulfilling experience as a Rotarian thus far has to be when a group of not so 'well off' young people whom I tutored (more like drilled) in personal and professional development either gained employment or went on to pursue higher education. I see them ever so often and all I feel for them is pride in knowing how far they have come.
I served as Director for 5 years, my function now is Club Secretary and my year comes to an end on June 30 2009. Our Club has 83 members representing 20 nationalities and ranging in age from 30-60+ . We meet every Wednesday morning at 6:45 am for a breakfast meeting.
http://www.uwi.edu/alumni/newsletters/september/Newsletter%20Pages%5CSept.%20Newsletter%20Pg%2012.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment